12/28/11

EXPLANATIONS AND MOTIVATIONS

REASONS I TRY THIS:

1) Sanity.  Doing this will help me organize my thoughts.  During the day I don't have people to talk to (FUNemployed!) aside from my six-month old kid and two cats who were sadly not gifted with the power of speech.

2) Practice.  see here: I wrote a little bit of this piece right here.  That's me, talking about weird eggs I have eaten.  It was posted directly on the internet!  Right through the tubes!  And I would very much like to have more of this sort of thing happen.  So I figure if I can write semi-regularly here, then I will only improve my writing, which will then only improve my chances of getting more of my words on the internet in places that aren't Reddit or mischievous Wikipedia edits.

THINGS I WILL DO HERE:

A) Post silly things.  Some of these silly stories might be things that were rejected by others, some will be original things I think of on my own.  All on my own!  Aren't I a big boy?  Aren't I?

B) Find things to complain about, and complain.  For Andy Rooney is dead, and with him gone; produce can't complain about itself.

C) Write in complete sentences.  You don't see too much of that these days.

THINGS I WOULD LIKE YOU TO DO

Read my words.  They have been arranged in a specific order that I hope you will find pleasing to the eye and mind.  I welcome criticism so long as there is more to it than the 'you suck' variety.  If that is the gist of it, try and stretch it out into a paragraph for me.  It's the least you can do.

No comments: