3/1/12

The Problem Is the Solution

Screwed.  The manager left, with just this side of twenty grand in her pocket.  The only good news is that I never have to see that woman again.  The bad news is that twenty grand was supposed to be ours, not hers.  She got away from this mess with my half of the getaway money.  And man, I just think that's a little self-centered.  There's nothing left now, no way for me to make up that kind of money.  The investigators are coming to town tomorrow, and once they get here and figure out how we'd been running this failure of a failed Bed, Bath, and Beyond chain...well, I'm probably going to go to jail.  And the inventory is just plain gone.  Gone.  Nothing left but five hundred bottles of bath salts that somehow fell behind a heater in the break room.  Yeah.  Yeah, I read the papers.  I know what some people use bath salts for.  I know what they're worth.  And I know how I'm going to pay to get my ass out of this town before it's too late.

No comments: