1/25/12

Abstract

The madman flipped back the hem of his filthy raincoat and spread his arms wide in supplication. "I've done everything else that you ever asked for, I'm going to do anything else that you ask of me. Whatever you need me to do, it's done. Done! All that I ask is that you finally speak to me. Say something! Please. I'm begging you, I'm fucking begging you. How many years has it been? I've lived in your shadow for years. Two years? Two years I have spent in, in worship of you and your form. Your every angle, your curves, the lines of your face. I can't take it anymore, I need to know. Do you love me at all? Can you?" The statue loomed two stories above him, all red rust and creaking iron. He wept at its silence then, lines of tears tracking lines through the grime on his cheeks. And then his heart soared as the statue looked down at him, nodded, and then began to speak.

2 comments:

David Stoupakis said...

I'm really digging your blog brother

barkingpanther said...

Thanks Dave man, I really appreciate it. I wish I hadn't waited so long to try this, ya know? love ya brother.